Sunday 27 December 2009

Welcome !

Welcome and thank you for visiting, I hope you will stay a while !

I'm very excited about my project and hope you will enjoy watching it take shape .

I have recently bought a wonderful Sid Cooke dolls house kit, "Empire Stores".

it is the most wonderful dolls house shop kit and today I will be unpacking it and beginning to build it into the setting for the stories I have to tell................................. but more of those later !

I hope you will enjoy watching as the building takes shape from a flat pack into a beautiful shop with living accommodation above.

I hope to have some tips to share along the way , or maybe you will have some to share with me as the building progresses !

Once the kit is built and the outside decorated with bricks and tiles we will move inside and work on the interior . There are 4 rooms above the shop plus attic space so there will be lots to do !

Empire Stores is the largest of the Sid cooke shops and I have just fell in love with it.

It will be transformed into "Belle's Toy Emporium " and I hope you will enjoy meeting Belle and the other folk whose lives are entwined with hers and the Emporium itself as their stories unfold.


I cant wait to open the box !
julie xxx

8 comments:

Jain Squires said...

Julie this is looking fabulous. Really looking forward to seeing the emporium take shape!! Jain xxxxxxxxxxx

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

You cant wait.........I cant wait!!! This is the same as the Sweeney house and I made lots of mistakes, for example, floorboarded what I thought was the floor which turned out to be the ceiling!! also Im not happy with my extrior brickwork which was done by Stencil, so tempted to wet and strip it all and start again, so excited to see what you do Julie. And a shop full of toys, it will be magical, cant wait for your new blog posts!! Happy New year, Kate xxxx

Julie said...

Looking forward to seeing the magic unfold. Its a wonderful idea and very excited to see all that you do with the shop!
hugs
Julie
xxxxxxxx
x

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see your toy emporium! I have an emporium too, but my shop sells all sorts! If this kit/shop turns out anything like your others it will be fantastic! :o)

Wishing you a Happy New Year too!
Michelle xx

Sans! said...

I am eager to start this journey with you as well, Julie :)!

Kim said...

Wow- what a wonderful kit! I look forward to following along also! I learn so much from all of the more experienced miniaturist's-yourself included. I love this new journey you are starting!!

Unknown said...

Julie, this house is awesome! I've gone through your progress and it just gets better and better! Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Teresa

BLANCHE said...

Fortunate to have such a wonder!